The Sterling Community Fund is an endowment created by local residents to provide a sustainable funding source for projects that make Logan County a more attractive place to live, raise a family, establish a business, and retire.
Projects may include amenities that play a key role in attracting people and industry to the area. Examples include a community center, children’s splash park, expanded hiking/ biking trails, green space, and public displays of art. Funding such projects would not be possible without charitable support. Distributions from the fund may also be used as matching funds to encourage private donations to speciﬁc projects or leveraged as matching funds for external grants received by the city or county.
A committee of seven community members will determine what projects are funded. Grant applications are by invitation from the committee, and grant requirements can be viewed online here. Public input is welcome; please contact John Chapdelaine at (970) 580-1013 or [email protected] with questions.
The SCF Committee’s initial goal is to raise $2 – $3 million, which will produce more than $100,000 each year for local projects. Over time, the Fund will have a greater impact as it grows through donations and investment returns.
The Sterling Community Fund is part of the Eastern Colorado Community Fund portfolio, which is a grouping of all funds designated to beneﬁt communities or charitable organizations in Eastern Colorado.
For more information about the fund, please contact John Chapdelaine, Director of the Eastern Colorado Community Fund, at (970) 580-1013 or [email protected].
In the News
- Unreins support Sterling Community Fund as a way to invest in Logan County’s future, Sterling Journal-Advocate, February 9
- Meiers hope to leave Sterling a better place for next generation by supporting Sterling Community Fund, Sterling Journal-Advocate, January 20
- Final Gala Brings In Over $380,000, Sterling Journal-Advocate, September 16
- Jackson Insurance celebrating 60 years of community involvement, Sterling Journal-Advocate, August 30
- Propsts supporting Sterling Community Fund so others can enjoy the area’s small community feeling, Sterling Journal-Advocate, August 26
- Sterling Correctional Facility inmates contributing to Gala decor, Sterling Journal-Advocate, August 22
- Downtown revitalization spurred Wagners to support Sterling Community Fund, Sterling Journal-Advocate, August 9
- Celebration, ribbon cutting mark opening of downtown Sterling’s Heritage Park, Sterling Journal-Advocate, August 2
Check out photos from the 2022 Sterling Community Fund Gala, held Saturday, September 10, at the Logan County Fairgrounds Arena.